Art Journaling -A Mindful Beginning to the New Year
Thursday, January 20, 6-8pm
Future dates TBD by class
What is art journaling and why do it? Spend your new year creating with a group of like-minded creatives and experience the calming, personal time that is so beneficial to your well-being.
In this reoccurring class, participants will be taught a variety of art journaling techniques. We will start out with the basics in January, and work the next four to five months as a group. Each month you will:
1. Create a basic background using a new technique.
2. Have class discussion about a new product or medium with hands on play.
3. Be able to work in your very own journal (which you will bring to class #2) and have guidance and ask questions along the way.
4. Work on a new topic each month, examples: Backgrounds, focal points, found poetry, sentiments and finishing touches.
· The class will start in January and continue each month with the progression of adding on techniques and materials to help you on your Art Journal Journey.
· Classes will be 2 hours dates and times TBD based on group preference.
· January class will start with 4 person Minimum, 12 person maximum. Each class is $25.00 per student, you are not required to attend all classes, but it is recommended.
· You will be required to bring your own Journal the second month (we will be discussing types and styles of journals in January, to get you on the right path for you.)
The class has 12 person maximum, we reserve the right to cancel if the class does not meet minimum requirements. Please schedule at least 2 days in advance.
Instructor: Lisa Thill. Lisa is a a Mixed Media Artist, Art Journal Junkie and Card Creator. She loves everything paper and Art related. She has taught Mixed Media and Art related workshops since 2011.